Her Heels Hang High is a narrative feature film that explores the issues teens and young adults face in schools/colleges and at home: bullying, teen homosexuality, ideas of what's right and wrong, and how to be strong in being who they want to be rather than following the traditions set forth by their parents. In the end, they all discover that change is inevitable, how you change is up to you.
In the story, we follow various characters experiencing different challenges:
- Steve, the bully of the school, discovers he can choose to change and break the cycle of abuse.
- Grant, the all-star football player, is hiding a secret that may ruin his family’s reputation but learns that he has to accept himself first before finding acceptance from his family.
- All-academic girl, Samantha, is living a sheltered life forced by her mother and she learns to break free, finds her individuality, and experiences life as it’s meant to be.
- Meanwhile, fly on the wall loner, Seth, finds his courage to break out of his shell and win over his long-time crush, Chelsea.
The film is already listed on IMDB and more information can be found on the film's webpage.
At this moment, we are needing pre-production funds to get us up and running before we do anything further with our film.
The funds will be used toward the following:
- Purchasing Production Insurance
- Setting up our LLC and other important legal contracts.
- Locking down key personnel like our director, cinematographer,
- Secure all music licensing, locations, and equipment.
- Keep us moving forward to put our film into production!
What are our plans and where is our film going? Good question!
We are going into production with our film in September. We're finishing up with casting and final script revisions. Our director and DP are very busy developing the visual look for the film. As we continue, we look forward to sharing our progress with you!
Once our film is completed, we anticipating taking our film to a few distribution companies as well as the American Film Market. We'll also be submitting the film to various film festivals like the Denver Starz Film Festival, Telluride Film Festival, LA Film Festival, as well as Cannes and Sundance. If we don't receive distribution, we have self distribution means to get our film out there.