A Free Health Club where members can Get Fit so the WORLD can Get Lit! Get in shape knowing that with every calorie you burn you're giving back and benefiting the health of our planet. #PowerOurPlanet will reunite the health of humanity with the health of our planet by utilizing integrated technology to convert your daily workouts into electricity.
#PowerOurPlanet, the first Health Club of this kind!
The #PowerOurPlanet health club will be a free health club with free membership! But how will we stay in business and generate revenue?! The #PowerOurPlanet health club will be the first health club of its kind. #PowerOurPlanet is an Eco_fitness gym. A gym with every type of popular workout equipment innovted and integrated with turbine technology that will efficiently convert your workout into "Green" electricity for all. We will open a #PowerOurPlanet Health Club in every major city and place our technology in every impoverished, underpriviledged community worldwide.
So many health clubs are cropping up everywhere! Health clubs are a $21.4 Billion per year industry, 97% of that revenue being driven directly from membership fees. Why do people spend so much money to go to the gym?! It's because they're motivated to get in shape. Whether it's to impress a potential mate or to look great on the beach this summer, motivated people work hard and spend hundreds of dollars per year on gym memberships just to get and stay in shape. We are #MotivatedByMotivation. Your motivtion inspired us to develop a new way to power our planet. A way that utilizes the most abunadant and renewable resource known to man: Human Motivation! As humanist, we know that as humans we have unlimited potential inherent within our lives. Let's use this power to #PowerOurPlanet and motivate future generations.
Donate so we can begin manufacturing our first line of machines. We plan to open the first #PowerOurPlanet fitness center in Brooklyn, NY as soon as May 2016. By January 2017 we plan to place our technology all around the globe!
The #PowerOurPlanet system will change the world as we know it. No other piece of equipment on the market offers you the opportunity to independently produce enough electricity to power your whole home while receiving the benefits of a quality workout.
You could own the first home gym infused with turbine integrated resistance technology, unique when compared to its competitors. In order to connect the equipment to the grid you would need a grid-tie-inverter (carried by most hardware chains, but will be included in the retail package). We are also developing portable storage pods to take your electricity with you on the go. For home use the #PowerOurPlanet fitness system will not be very costly and with consistent use, will pay for itself in just a few months of free electricity. You would never have to pay health club memberships or travel to a health club, and you would potentially earn money from a negative meter read.
With #PowerOurPlanet you can become completely self-sufficient when it comes to powering your home. With daily use, you can produce enough power in one month to power 2 single family households for a whole month. That's almost 4 times more efficient than a solar panel at peak sunlight conditions, and with #PowerOurPlanet you can produce electricity at any hour of the daMay 2016.
Our system is more efficient, effective, and environmentally sound than any other method of producing electricity. Energy produced by our system is 100% renewable, and is produced in the safest most efficient method. We will put them in local community centers provide electricity for impoverished families in poor communities, and b used as a safe method to deliver power to even the most remote regions of the world.
Using our fitness system is key to the user’s well being -- it can lower the rate of obesity and complications caused from obesity, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease. It also gives the user motivation to exercise regularly without having to purchase a costly membership at a health club! #PowerOurPlanet for the home can also be used to charge your electric vehicles, so you can get the same health benefits as you'd get from commuting daily on a bicycle without the expenses of charging your electric car or truck. Definitely an incentive to driving an electric vehicle!
How It Benefits YOU:
We will open a #PowerOurPlanet health club with free membership and perks and discounts for all members to save money on the things they buy daily. Members will generate electricity as they stay in shape, all the while benefiting our planet. We will also take our technology to other parts of the world where there is no power and use it the better the quality of living there.
Other Ways You Can Help:
If you aren’t able to donate at this time, you can still help support our cause! Please share our campaign with everyone you know, via social media, email, and word of mouth. Join our cause! Let's make this a part of our reality. Together, we have the power the change the world! Get Fit so the world can Get Lit!
The #PowerOurPlanet health club will be a place where members can come to get motivated and #PowerOurPlanet with the power of human motivation. During workouts we produce kinetic energy. Turbines will convert that kinetic energy into electricity. The turbine integrated resistance technology we created uses the force created by your motion during exercise to activate the turbines. Each turbine will add resistance to your workout that will be consistent with and repalce the resistance added by free weights or pulley resistance systems commonly used in today's work out equipment.
Whether in your home or at our gyms, now is our time to #PowerOurPlanet with this technology.
The Reason For Our Campaign
Our goal is to popularize our company and our technology that will revolutionize the health/ fitness industry as well as the way we think about solving economic and environmental problems around our planet. Take a stand with us and help us to make this thing HAPPEN NOW!
- More efficient, effective, and environmentally sound than any other alternative method of producing electricity. The average person can produce 400-700 watts per hour, and that will increase over time.
- The more you work out using #PowerOurPlanet the better shape your body will be in and the more kilowatts of electricity you will be able to produce with your daily workout.
- Solar panels are currently the best, but the take up space and flat surface area. Fields are being destroyed and even the best solar panel, at peak conditions, can only produce 200-300 watts of electricty.
- Hydro- electricity only works if you have a steady current and is not as efficient.
- Wind turbine only work in regions with consistent heavy winds and are hazardous to birds. Even the best wind turbine is half as efficient as #PowerOurPlanet - Fossil fuels, when extracted from the earth's crust, create huge underground cavities (long term effects are theoretically devastating), when burned they damage the ozone layer, and the are not a renewable energy source. - Nuclear power is very dangerous and environmentally dangerous.
- Energy produced by our system is 100% renewable, and is produced in the safest and most efficient method. We can deliver power and benefits to millions of people all around the world.
- Can provide the electricity and funding for worldwide water purification and irrigation.
- Reduces our dependency on fossil fuels and nuclear power. We see and strive for a future when these methods will be outdated.
- Can provide the electricity to desalinate ocean water and fend against California's water problem and the many other drought problems around the world.
- Provides an incentive to stay in shape.
- Lower the rate of obesity and complications caused by being obese (diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease).
- Provides low cost electricity for impoverished families, and a safe method to bring power to the remote regions of the world.
- Provides a better economy to open small businesses, and creates jobs and ways to generate income.
- Provides an incentive to drive hybrid and electric vehicles.
- Longterm and short-term socio-economical benefits.
How will we go from a successfully backed campaign to a finished product and delivered perks?
- We will first produce and manufacture our first line of machines.
- We will open our first location in New York City.
- We can begin to deliver machines to our high level backers so they can get first dibs on producing their own electricity as they stay in shape.
- We will popularize our gym and equipment be putting on a series of concerts that will be powered soley by our machines. We will allow attendees to be the first to try out our machines and show the public just how much power can be produced using the #PowerOurPlanet fitness system.
- Open our first free health club by May 2016
- Manufacture our first line our #PowerOurPlanet fitness systems by February 2016.
- Donate several of the first models to community centers and YMCA's in impoverished areas in America
- Begin opening facilities around the world.
- Open more free health clubs with free services for members to produce electricity for all. Health clubs would have a free Spa, yoga classes, fitness instructors, and it could all be funded by the revenue generated from the energy the members produce.
- We could solve the drought problems around the world by using the electricity produced by the #PowerOurPlanet fitness system to meet the energy requirements to desalinate ocean water using electrolysis. Electrolysis is a process in which electricity is used to separate hydrogen and oxygen molecules in water(H20). Electrolysis can effectively desalinate ocean water,but requires a lot of electricity to do so. We couldn't afford to desalinate ocean water because electricity was too expensive to produce. #PowerOurPlanet can solve the world's water problem.
- Donate several hundred #PowerOurPlanet fitness systems to impoverished countries in South America, Africa, and Asia. They could use the electricity to power schools and hospitals. They could also use the electricity to power irrigation pumps.
- Produce #POPP: Portable On-demand Power Pods so you can take electricity on the go. You would charge them using your #PowerOurPlanet fitness system and some models will have a crank you can use to recharge it on the go.
- #PowerOurPlanet benefit concert with special guests artists. The entire concert will be powered by our #PowerOurPlanet fitness system. Fisrt concert by Summer of 2016.
- Use our technology to produce playgorund equipment that will produce electricity.
- Greenhouse project to feed starving people.
Stanford Reid, Founder/ Organizer
Imagine a world where every home and office is powered by our daily workouts. Stanford Reid is working to make that a reality. Stanford Reid, a Brooklyn-Based indie music artist, has created what he calls turbine integrated resistance technology. With this technology he will develop workout equipment that will generate electricity by converting kinetic energy produced during exercise into electricity with the use of turbines. Reid is very passionate about the project as he feels it will really change the world. He was inspired by the vehicle of choice from his favorite childhood cartoon, The Flintstones, when he came up with the idea for #PowerOurPlanet. Stanford Reid and the #PowerOurPlanet team is calling to action techies and environmentalist from every corner of the globe. Join Stanford's efforts and contribute by referring #PowerOurPlanet to a friend! (@stanfordreidsme )
Robbie Taliaferro, Team Member
Robbie Taliaferro is 22 years old and from Brooklyn, NY. He is a student at Brooklyn College and studying to become a doctor. Robbie believes clean energy is vital to a world without environmental pollution. He participated in the New York Climate March and volunteered to support as a Security Marshall. "I feel very strongly about environmental conservation. We are of the earth, the earth does not belong to us. We must return to a state of harmony with the environment to which we owe our very existence." - Robbie T.
Tj Weaver, Media/ Marketing Driver
Tj is a NewYork City-Based aspiring Writer and Director with a background in musical theatre. He is "Uber Cool" and passionate about forming new relationships. Currently Tj works as a media and marketing specialist, but his dream is to become a screenwriter and produce and direct his own movie. Tj believes clean energy as an essential part of the future of mankind and that we must all do our part to save our dear eco-system.
Sierra Reid, Team Member
Sierra is an Atlanta-Based singer and songwriter. She has an unique voice as both a singer and an activist. She joined #PowerOurPlanet to use her unique voice to spread this cause to the masses. (@muziqluver_24 )
Marc John Jeffries, Celebrity Influencer
Marc is an actor and producer from NYC. He is known for his roles in Notorious (2009) and Get Rich or Die Trying (2005). Marc is a fitness buff and believes clean energy is the future. He supports this campaign by engaging is twitter following (@marcjohnj ) to raise awareness for this cause.
Epenetus Henriques, Photographer/ Visuals
"Eppy" is an All-American athlete attending college in Santa Monica, California. Eppy has a promising Football career, and is a psychology major. He is a "health nut" and fitness guru, and uses the art of photography to inspire others to take control of their health and wealth. " The purpose of mankind's existence on Earth is to build a foundation for the next generation. If we're not doing that, why are we here?" - Eppy
Jessica Slaughter, Team Member
Jessica is from Cincinnati, Ohio where she studied Human Development and Family Science: Early Childhood Education. She now lives in Oakland, California and is a part of several organization that are working to solve their environmental issues. She sees supporting #PowerOurPlanet as a way to contribute to the development of sustainable living for all humankind.
Reggie Beneche, Team Member
Reggie is a Brooklyn-Based actor and fitness guru. He spends a lot of time in the gym and sees how much energy is created by the motivated individuals. He believes that #PowerOurPlanet is the perfect use of the energy to benefit all life on this planet.
Darryn Smith, Community Organizer/ Spokesperson
Darryn New York City-Based disaster recovery specialist and aspiring writer and filmmaker. He provided services and support survivors of hurricane sandy in NYC. Darryn sees clean energy as "the foundation to a sustainable economy and Eco-system."
David He, Media & Marketing
David is a Silicon Valley-Based programmer. He helped create Blupe, cool a new app that brings people with common interest together and encourages meet-ups and group activities. He sees #PowerOurPlanet as a revolutionary way to connect our planet by solving many socio-economic and environmental issues that keep us separated.
The "We Can #PowerOurPlanet By Exercising" campaign was began on 4/10/15, and we would love to have you on board! This project aims to raise awareness and fund the creation of home gym or workout equipment that will use turbine integrated resistance technology to generate electricity as you work out.
We want to come together as humans and utilize the most renewable resource we have to change our world and build a "brighter" tomorrow. With this technology we can delivery cost efficient electricity to even the most remote corners of the world, end our planet's energy crisis, bring about dramatic social and economic changes as a result.
This is only the beginning. We will be successful in making this technology accessible to everyone, even if it means we must launch multiple crowdfunding campaigns and/or invest all of our own money. It is that important to us to make this dream a reality and spark a wave of positive change for our planet.
We would love to work with you to deliver our campaign to the masses and show them that when we unite as humans, there is no crisis we can not overcome.
Thank you for your consideration and have a wonderful day.
Stanford Reid, Organizer, #PowerOurPlanet